Once the event details, web presence, registration, and collaboration plans have been firmed up, it's time for general outreach. While a broad discussion of event outreach is beyond the scope of this guide, suggestions for publicity outlets include:
- Web sites used by non-profit tech support providers like eriders.net, dotorgwebmasters and npotech
- Regional non-profit tech support mailing lists and web sites
- Relevant blogs targetted at non-profits and progressive techies
- Local community radio stations and alternative newspapers
- Local non-profit event listings
- Local user groups and other computer clubs
As participants register and come on radar, it is important to keep them engaged with occasional emails, letting them know about additions to the agenda and facilitators and other new developments.